Monday, October 29, 2007

90. Make No-Knead Bread

This weekend I decided to make No-Knead Bread from the New York Times. I've been holding back for awhile since this bread takes quite a long time to make. Well there isn't a lot of actual making time but there is a lot of waiting time.

Cast Iron Bread

I wrapped the handle for my Le Creuset pot lid in foil because you bake the bread at 450 and the pan is only guaranteed up to 375. The buyer at work said not to worry but that wrapping it in foil might be a good safety precaution. Better safe than sorry!

Baking No Knead Bread

No Knead Bread

This bread came out delicious! I was worried because the recipe called for Instant Yeast and for some reason I bought (non-instant) Active Yeast. This just meant that instead of 18 hours of sitting, my bread needed to sit for about 28 hours.

Ready to Eat No Knead Bread

I wanted to eat the whole loaf! I'll make this again but ummm with the right yeast this time.

No comments:

Followers